Welcome to my health blog!

Please Donate to help me heal. Illnesses have completely changed my life. I will share with you my experiences and what I've realized, it will probably make you think about what to do with your life, especially your health. I want to live a meaningful life and have found my calling. I am making efforts to help you and everyone stay healthy. When you have health, you can do what you want with full potential. The key to happiness is to give and help others in hardships. Love yourself more each day and please continue to give. What do you do every day to prevent illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and many others? Please don't let it be too late.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Recipes Videos - How I Modify Recipes for Health

Sept 28, 2013

Hello,

I'll continue to post recipes of the foods I've been eating to help me build up my health.

Healthy Drinks: 
Papaya-Banana Smoothie:
After Oct 1, 2012 I started drinking Papaya-Banana smoothie after finding the recipe from breast cancer survivor Barbara's article, "Papaya is Tasty Way to Fight Cancer and Poor Digestion." Thank you Barbara and Natural News web site for sharing.
Ingredients:
1 cup of whatever kind of milk pleases you
1/4 cup Greek style yogurt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup ice cubes

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large glass and garnish with lime.
My Comment: 
I used plain yogurt. 


Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie:
I had kiwi strawberry smoothie today Oct 13, 2013 with the addition of plain yogurt. The instruction in the video says use frozen banana and strawberry, but I use fresh fruits. I've had this kiwi strawberry smoothie for about 4 consecutive days. Kiwi is sour and I'm not fond of sour fruits. I wanted to mix kiwi with something else and I chose this Kiwi Strawberry recipe. Thanks utubefoods.





Desserts:
Today, I found Helen's video to show you banana with coconut milk and tapioca pearls dessert. Thank you, Helen.
I ate this banana with coconut milk and tapioca pearls dessert after meals because the flour makes me feel full. However, I'd prefer to have it before any meal because it has fruit.
Helen used white sugar in the video, but I tried not to eat anything white unless it's nature's color for example, coconut. I substituted it with brown sugar until I can find another alternative. I keep the amount of sugar to a minimum. I'm still trying to find healthy alternatives for the flour used in a lot of Vietnamese recipes. What do you suggest?
If you follow my blog, you'll see how I modify recipes for health and still make the food tasty in order to continue eating it frequently.
Please click the Play button to view the dessert video.



For now, I can't find the dessert recipe link that I use. I plan to insert it later.


Soups: 
I eat soup at lunch and/or dinner.
Below, you'll see a video on Vietnamese fish sour soup by daoliciousfood. Thank you, daoliciousfood.
She uses catfish. I eat catfish occasionally and the fish must be wild caught.
Important:  For safety, I do not eat shallots or onions on days that I eat/drink honey.

Note:  Daoliciousfood has not made this video available on mobile. If you can't view this video, please try to load it on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment